Velrada are seeking an individual that displays passion, is driven, and possesses experience with the Microsoft Power Platform for the design & development of modern solutions.
A modern Power Platform solution could encompass the full array of products available within the platform including Canvas Power Apps, Model Driven Power Apps, Dataverse, Power Automate, Power BI, Power Portals, Mixed Reality (HoloLens), AI Models, and Microsoft 365 services.
This is a dynamic opportunity within an innovative and fast-paced consulting environment to design & develop solutions for large Australian and multi-national organisations that we work with. You will work with colleagues to absorb new Microsoft platform skills and distil your own into our team.
You will be using the latest Microsoft platforms and hardware to deliver solutions using modern practices and technologies.
A day in the life of this role
- Collecting & evaluating the requirements from users, product owners, and stakeholders
- Identifying and solving business problems with the Power Platform
- Show a cadence of delivery through regular client & product owner interactions as part of agile delivery
- Work with designers & clients to understand finer details of implementation across the UI and UX process
- Design solutions and provide estimates for pipeline work
- Build Canvas Power Apps and Model-Driven Power Apps
- Design & implement Dataverse databases within the Power Platform
- Build Flows & Robotic Process Automations (RPA) within Power Automate
- Build chatbots using Power Virtual Agent
- Build external-facing portals using Power Portals
- Incorporating designer, user & product owner feedback into your process
- Testing your work against the requirements and acceptance criteria
- Contribute toward producing technical and presales artefacts
- Helping customers on their Power Platform uplift journey by implementing governance, performing nurturing activities, and advising on best practice
Who you’ll be working with
- An enthusiastic Modern Applications & Platforms team
- Velrada & client business analysts & product owners to ensure the correct understanding and interrogation of requirements
- Other Velrada developers across multiple practices and locations to ensure a succinct outcome pertaining to the requirements
- User groups & workshop participants
A successful candidate should also be able to demonstrate the following soft skills:
- Strong communication skills both spoken & written
- Strong time management skills
- Comfortable in a client facing and consulting environment
- The willingness to contribute to the team, culture, and become a leader of your craft
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to conduct work remotely using tools such as Miro, Whiteboard, and Microsoft Teams
- Have a passion for working with a diverse Velrada team of business & technical experts across Australia both face-to-face and remotely
- Keen for a fast-paced environment with opportunities to learn, grow, and be exposed to a variety of problems, clients, and technologies
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following technical skills:
- 3+ years experience in industry
- A portfolio & history of previous web development work
- Hands on experience delivering with the Microsoft M365 & Power Platform
- Experience in building solutions that utilise the Dataverse or demonstrate normalised database design
- Experience in designing & developing Canvas Power Apps and Model-Driven Power Apps
- Experience in building workflows, processes, and approvals using Power Automate
- Exposure to the Microsoft Power Portals (formerly D365 Portals)
- Exposure to chatbots with Power Virtual Agent
Skills that would also benefit this role
- Experience working with a consulting type of organisation
- Experience with best-practice development of web applications using HTML5/CSS3/JS/TS
- Experience with any Dynamics 365 modules or Azure services
- Light C# and PCF Control capability
You must have full Australian work rights for this role. There may be travel opportunities where required for work.
This role is open in our Brisbane office locations and will be a permanent full time position. Salary is negotiable. We look forward to receiving your application.