Typically, our clients face a range of complex challenges in transforming and improving their businesses.
Key drivers are:
- Operational efficiency, maximising returns on assets and constrained resources and optimising process and organisation, for example through introduction of remote and integrated operations management in the Resources industry;
- Strategic information management driven by complex operation, process, compliance, risk and environmental management needs in mining, processing, EPCM, energy and government clients;
- Technology and systems integration from operations through to planning and management to provide integrated, end to end visualisation of value and supply chain; and
- Organisational development, reengineering and change management to support large scale business transformation, risk and regulatory compliance (H&S, Enviromental, etc).
In addressing these challenges, Velrada brings together a range of consulting disciplines to provide ''end-to-end'' advice and solutions. Our competency areas include:
- Business architecture and reengineering.
- Business planning and analysis.
- Organisational development and change management.
Risk, compliance and quality.
Information management including strategy and governance.
Remote and integrated operations.
Project and programme management.
Structure, methods and capability development.
Data analytics and Master Data Management.
- Logistics and supply chain planning.
Systems integration and development.
Advice and Solutions
We provide advice and solutions in the following:
- Intelligent & integrated operations centre strategy, roadmap and design.
Business continuity, disaster recovery and operational resilience.
Connected workplace – collaboration, social enterprise and knowledge management.
Information strategy, governance, security and document & records management.
Business intelligence and master data services.
Customer and case management.
Cloud strategy, roadmaps and implementation.
Compliance - approvals management & tracking.
HSE - 360 degree workforce & fatigue management.
Application and system strategy, design and development to support user-centric services.
Legacy systems rationalisation.
ICT organisation and value proposition.
Program and project management and assurance.
Organisational change management.
Business process improvement.
Doing Things Differently
Our approach is different and can be summed up as:
- Focusing on the right things and giving the right advice.
- Developing authentic relationships with our clients.
- Focusing on delivery and outcomes that make sense.
- Investing in our people so that they can make a difference.
We use our understanding of system capabilities and functions to address business issues. Although we have a strong technology integration capability we don't simply provide 'technical' answers or architectures. We are better informed of the capabilities of enterprise systems than business consulting firms. We also have a close relationship with key vendors to make sure that we align product capability to our client's needs whilst ensuring that there is a full understanding of the business and technical issues and risks in implementation.
For most organisations the big challenge is not in handling the technical solution, it's in process, information and organisational and systems change.
The reality for most large enterprises is that:
- Information is disaggregated;
- Systems overlap and duplicate functionality; and
- Key dependent legacy technology creates a complex set of dependencies.
Pure technology consulting and solutions providers don't understand this picture. They lack the skills to position a solution, make a business case for it and manage complex implementation issues. We do.
Velrada is owned and managed by its senior team. We have resources 'on the ground,' and we operate seamlessly with our clients in terms of presence and location. We understand site issues, culture and operating practices. We don't operate a ''leveraged'' model of low-level involvement of directors and partners with the bulk of work being performed by junior staff.
Velrada's culture, its entrepreneurial nature, and flat structure means that we can attract and retain experienced experts who have a high level of client engagement and presence.
We focus on using standard methods and techniques that are open and available to our clients to use beyond our involvement. This means that we don't lock our clients into proprietary methods. We leverage global standards and tools, and enable clients to draw on far greater pools of resources post our involvement.
Velrada doesn't 'sell' IT solutions: we solve the deep information, process and management problems which resonate throughout all of our clients' businesses.
We work with them to develop an end-to-end vision and strategy that will cover all aspects of information management and mitigate the risks involved. Our technical experts deliver solutions which align with the agreed vision and strategy, developing integrated solutions using best practices and proven technologies.
Velrada acts as a 'systems integrator' when we need to, and we have strong technology skills aligned with the tier-one vendors in enterprise systems such as: Microsoft, EMC, SAP, Oracle and IBM. We see the need to partner with these firms where their solutions are being used by our clients; and to understand their technologies in order to get the best client outcomes. We are well informed of the offerings and capabilities in the vendor market. Our technical staff are trained and assessed through relevant vendor education and certification programs.
We are "technology agnostic"- we will always recommend the right solution but only once we have agreed what the needs of our clients are.